USCIS considers some papers much more convincing proof a relationship that is real.
- Strong evidence: Joint banking account, life insurance coverage, wills, joint leases, joint resources
- Moderate proof: Joint travel itineraries, split utilities, texts, phone logs
- Weaker proof: Cards, affidavits from friends/family, solitary travel itineraries, seats to programs
With Boundless, you’ll recognize which documents you may need and certainly will have them all together securely online. Discover more, or get started today!
Answering Concerns at Your Meeting
The green card interview is the next window of opportunity for one to establish raya tips your wedding is authentic. But it’s put up differently for every single few, depending on where in fact the partner looking for a green card currently lives:
- In the event that partner looking for a card that is green abroad, they will certainly go to their interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate in their home nation — with no sponsoring partner. an officer that is consular conduct the meeting.
- In the event that partner searching for a card that is green in the us, they will certainly go to their interview at their neighborhood USCIS field workplace — utilizing the sponsoring partner. A USCIS officer shall conduct the meeting.
Some USCIS officers interview couples together, whereas other people might interview them separately. Frequently, yet not constantly, questioning the few individually is an indicator that the USCIS officer suspects marriage fraudulence.
Concerns to anticipate
Whether you’re interviewed individually or together, the interviewing officer will make inquiries they might expect married people to help you to answer effortlessly. They frequently begin with not at all hard, predictable questions regarding in which you came across and exactly how your relationship started, but officers have actually significant freedom within the concerns they could ask.
Don’t be surprised, either, when your meeting gets individual. You might be expected:
- Whether you utilize contraception and, if that’s the case, the type?
- Whether your partner has tattoos or birthmarks and whatever they appear to be
- What forms of marital problems you’ve skilled and exactly how you overcame them
- Whom rests on which part for the bed?
For a far more step-by-step variety of the most typical meeting concerns, in addition to helpful meeting recommendations, always check our guide out to get yourself ready for the marriage green card meeting.
Boundless remains to you until the final line, assisting you to keep an eye on meeting planning, follow-on kinds, and each other essential milestone on the way. Willing to begin?
Some partners looking for a card that is green n’t have a U.S. Social protection quantity (SSN). This is often the actual situation whenever, as an example, they initially joined america on a short-term, non-employment-based visa then married a U.S. citizen or green card owner.
To show the authenticity of a wedding in this example, the few could offer the after (in the place of documents that will require an SSN to have):
- Papers of travel together (such as for example routes showing you had been regarding the exact same journey or resort reservations showing each of one’s names)
- Photos associated with the few together
- Individual affidavits (penned statements) — plus copies of these valid picture IDs — from buddies and household attesting for their familiarity with your wedding
With Boundless, you can get a completely independent immigration lawyer whom answers your confidential concerns and reviews your entire green card application — for no extra charge. Let’s start!
Initial copies of:
- Wedding pictures, such as for example during the courthouse and celebrating with household
- Photos from events, occasions, and trips (as a few sufficient reason for relatives and buddies) s panning the program of one’s relationship and during major life occasions
- Letters, e-mails, or cards you provided for each other
- Receipts for just about any gift ideas (such as for instance candy, plants, or precious precious jewelry, not household that is everyday, such as for example food) you bought for every other (receipts or invoices detailing one partner because the “bill to” title and also the other spouse since the “ship to” or “recipient” title are specially helpful)